Tuesday, November 30, 2010

catching up and crafts...

Ok so Thanksgiving and Black Friday got the best of me and I got a little pulled away from blogging. I had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with my family, then met up with my friend Amanda at Toys R Us to sit out in the cold waiting for the store to open. We were 2nd in line and got everything we went for... and then some for me lol. My aunt met us shortly after we got there to wait and shop with us as well and she was able to get everything she went for too. They did things much better this year. They only allowed 50 people in at a time and gave pauses between groups of 50 which was MUCH better since last year being first in line I felt like I was going to be trampled. After Toys R Us I took a trip up to Arrundle Mills to check out Children's Place and Disney store. I was able to get a few things for the girls and get Nathan the full sized Buzz and Woody action figures for Christmas. All in all I saved about $100 and didn't spend much more than that so I did great!

On to my craft project.... I made my first ring sling and can tell you, it wont be my last! It took me several hours to make but it turned out great so now I'll be making one as a baby gift, then for a friend along with one for her daughter for her dolls. I'm thinking I might start making them for friends for cost or a little over and see how it goes and how I like doing them all the time and if all goes well, make them to sell. I used this tutorial for the "shoulder" and the rest was pretty straight forward. Here are a few pictures of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment